Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Philosophies in Life

Wow it's been awhile since I've blogged anything (I still don't believe a lot of people read my blog anyways). I've been REALLY busy I don't even know where to begin. Rather than writing about the last 2-3 weeks and showing pictures and vidoes, I decided to write something meaningful to me. My blog is titled "In My Own Words" and was suppose to be a way of expressing my inner most deepest thoughts and feelings. So I'm going to try and get back to that.

I'm the type of person who questions my future A LOT. I don't want to live my life aimlessly with no goal in life. I know the future is inevitable, but I still would like to believe that I have a place in this world in 10, 20, even 50 years from now. And I want to spend those years doing something good and worth wild, so that when it is time for me to go, I can go with no regrets. And that's why I have certain rules and philosophies in life:

1. Try and live each and every day as a better person than I was yesterday.
That's my philosophy for myself that I try and live by. In other words, the person I will be tomorrow, will be as better as today. The person I am in 2 days, will be better than the person I am tomorrow. And so on and so on. Make sense?! I believe that people can change for the better. I also believe that no one is perfect, so I don't expect to be perfect because I know I never will be. I just want to be a good person.

2. Forgive, but don't forget.
Before, when people back stabbed me or screwed me over, I'd do the same 10x back. I showed no mercy. I held grudges and couldn't let anything go. When I think about those times, I remember feeling a lot of burdens on my shoulders and was never fully happy. Now, although the back stabbing and screwing me over still happens, I try and forgive. I believe in 2nd chances and believe that people make mistakes. How else are we going to learn? So depending on the situation, I will forgive, but I won't forget because I don't want to make the same mistakes twice. That doesn't mean I'll be holding a grudge the rest of my life though.

3. Always have God and Jesus Christ in my heart
My family on both my moms and dads side are devoted Christians. I use to be the same growing up, but then with some bad experiences and people I've encountered, it made me lose my faith at one point and I somehow lost my way. Although right now it seems I'm still not as faithful or loyal or committed as my family is, my love for God is just as great as theirs. I truly am grateful. With every problem and obstacle I face, I do look up to Him for guidance. And even though I'm not as obedient and is known as the "rebel" in the family, I do also have my morals and principles that I live by.

So there u have it! I have more, but these are probably my top 3. Maybe when I can remember the rest, I'll post them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment