Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Current Korean Obsessions

1) East of Eden is seriously a kick ass drama. LoL I know some people might be lazy cus it's 50+ episodes. But you will be hooked and wanting more as each episode passes. This week, it made me cry! And now I have to wait for next week's episode. What sucks is the last episode that just aired was a real tear jerker. It was getting so good And now they're making us wait till next week. Hate those. For those who don't know what it's about, here's a synopsis I found online:

The drama will be about two men whose fates are crossed from the very first day that they were born. Both men were born in the same hospital. When he was a teenager, Lee Dong Chul witnessed the death of his father. From then on he promised to seek revenge on the man who caused his father's death, Shin Tae Hwan. But unbeknownst to everybody is the fact that Dong Chul's younger brother, Dong Wook, was switched at birth with Tae Hwan's son, Myung Hun. Dong Wook grows up to become a prosecutor and vows to help his brother seek revenge. But what happens when they find out that they're not brothers? What will Dong Chul do when he finds out that his real brother was raised by Shin Tae Hwan and that the brother that was beside him all these years is the son of his enemy?



2) Boys Before Flowers. Before I watched it, I already saw the Taiwanese version - Meteor Garden like a year ago. Then I watched the Japanese version during winter break. Both we're good, but after watching the Japanese version, I liked it better. For one, it went quicker. When I saw season 1, I was wondering where all the missing plots and parts were that Meteor Garden showed. But then I found it all in Season 2. If you want the quick version of the series, the Japanese version is the one for you. Plus they even had a movie as the third installment. Now that the korean version is out, I'm getting addicted to it and tend to do a lot of comparisons between all 3 versions. But they all still have their own flavor to it. Even though I already know what's going to happen, I still can't help but get excited when watching certain scenes.

Meteor Garden (Taiwanese)



Hana Yori Dango (Japanese)



Boys Before Flowers (Korean)



Yep... no matter how I see it, the Korean version guys of F4 are waaaaay cuter!!!

3) SNSD mini album Gee. Also known as Girls' Generation. I changed my playlist songs to their songs. Honestly, the only person who I think can ACTUALLY sing is Taeyeon, the eldest of the group and the leader. But yet, I still listen to their songs because they make me happy. All the other girls can sing okay too, but not as well as most korean singers I know. They're mostly popular because of the face and body. But after 9 months on hiatus, they came back with a mini album. The song "Gee" sounded weird to me at first, but as I kept listening to it, it started to get to me. But out of the 5 songs in this album, my favorite is Dear Mom. It's a ballad song and I thought it showed how much all their voices matured since their last album. It's just my opinion though. Listen to them and you be the judge.



4) Alex from the group Clazziquai. I had his new album My Vintage Romance for awhile, but just now decided to fully listen to it. Of course, his famous song Flowerpot that he sang on We Got Married is on there. Love it! But the one I constantly find myself listening too nowadays from him is the song he sang during the Thanksgiving Special on the piano of WGM to his partner Shin Ae. The song Daisy. His voice is just so soothing to hear. You can also hear it on my playlist



5) And finally, some that I'm looking forward too. Still waiting on Se7en's American debut. Why is it taking sooo long?! And also, I plan to watch (when I have time) Empress Chu Chu (the one shin nae is in!) and Return to Iljimae. The two are already airing, but I'm going to wait til more episodes go on air. And the one's that haven't shown yet but will be soon is Princess Ja Myung Go and Cain & Abel

Ok that is all. GOODNIGHT EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment